Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Calm Before the Storm

Senior year thus far has been relatively... calm. In comparison to my other first days of school my stress level has been incredibly low. Let's take a stroll down memory lane, shall we?

The first day of freshman year was so exciting and I remember really enjoying myself. I was very nervous and anxious for high school but for the most part everything was easier than I thought it would be. I was also proud of myself because a lot of my friends cried on the first day of high school and I didn't.

The first day of sophomore was easy. I knew the school, I had friends in all my classes, and at the time it seemed like I had a great year ahead of me. Sophomore year is a really awkward year on campus, you aren't an upperclassman but at the same time you're older than a freshman. But on my first day of school I had a decent level of confidence.

The first day of junior year (actually, the first three days of junior year) I came home and cried hysterically because my teachers scared the living shit out of me.

I've been a senior for two days and everything has been very easy... too easy. I don't know if my brain is blocking the reality of the impending doom that is the stress of senior year, but I'm honestly not scared. Millions and millions of people have survived their senior year. So far it seems like I'm on the right track.

Well... I guess we'll see what happens. I'll try to keep you all updated. If you didn't catch on, I think I'm going to try and write every single day of my senior year. I contemplated a variety of different ways to chronicle my meager existence. I wanted to take a picture every single day but I already didn't take a picture on the first day of school so I guess that's out the window. I considered video blogging for the bajillionth time, but I ultimately decided I don't have the time commitment to make a good YouTube channel. People that vlog every day are usually full time YouTubers who have dedicated their lives to creating online content. I just want to be able to look back on memories.

So, I returned to the old blog. Writing is how I express myself best, I think.

No comments: