Sunday, November 8, 2009

11/8/09

Ok, so I'm sitting on the couch right now as my sister watches Fantasia 2000 (I don't watch I listen), and my favorite number from the film, "Rhapsody in Blues" by George Gershwin, just finished. George Gershwin's real name is Jacob Gershowitz. I already knew he was Jewish, but if I hadn't, once I found out that was his real name I would have known immediately. Gershwin's a genius... I mean it doesn't get much better then "Summertime" from Porgy and Bess.

*Stephanie gets distracted by Facebook for a full two hours*

So I was just on Facebook, and I got a request from Arielle telling me to get a dislike button. And people have been joining groups and petitioning for a while to get this button. I have a feeling that this button is going to be kind of like civil rights. Let me explain...

People worked really hard to get civil rights. Then they got civil rights, and they appreciated it for a while, because it was novelty, most other places didn't have them. But after a while, civil rights were no longer new and sparkly, and people stopped appreciating them.

Ok, that's kind of a bad example, because a lot of people still appreciate civil rights, you just wouldn't be able to tell in the area I live in. But you get the point right? Eventually people will forget how important the dislike button was to them and will go on leading their virtual lives the same as they always did.

*Stephanie gets distracted by something for another 45 minutes*

I've run out of things to say that won't get me in trouble.

Happy birthday Edmond Halley, Milton Bradley, Bram Stoker, Margaret Mitchell, June Havoc, Esther Rolle, Patti Page, Bonnie Raitt, Richard Curtis, Gordon Ramsey, Bucky Covington, and a combination of all these people, my dear friend Sammy. Happy birthday to all of you!

I haven't gone to bed at a decent hour in more then two weeks, so I'm going to take this opportunity and not spend my time hyperlinking all this junk.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

comment