Sunday, March 14, 2010

3/14/10

So I never posted anything for last Sunday. What ever.

In other news, I have kind of had one of those really amazing weekends. I didn't have any homework for some reason (which means I'm going to have a mountain of it next weekend from every single class) so I've been pretty stress free and able to do basically what ever I've wanted to.

Friday after school I went to Sydney's house with Sammy and Ashley in order to work on our musical. We walked over to a Mexican restaurants and a Starbucks where we made a lot of decisions on our plot. I'm not going to give away any spoilers though, so you will just all have to come and see it. After our outings we went back to Syd's and had a wonderful Shabbat dinner. And then (as all real Jews do) we got our eyebrows waxed. All in all, a very fun day.

On Saturday I had to wake up bright and early to go to an all day choir festival that was being held at a local Christian private school. I felt a little but awkward surrounded by various crosses, quotes from the New Testament, and pictures of Jesus, but otherwise it was a very fun day. In the morning we had two clinics with very energetic and helpful clinicians and then a sight singing workshop that was indeed very helpful. After that we had lunch and then changed into our choir outfits (grim reaper gowns with short sleeves and inseams) so that we would look presentable for our afternoon concert, where we performed for all the other schools there and they performed for us. Then we heard an adult (very good) choir perform and their director taught everyone there two songs that all the high school choirs and the adult choir performed together and then we went home.

When I came home my mommy took me to see Alice in Wonderland which really wasn't a very good movie when you get right down to it. It was Narnia with different characters. Weirder characters with poor development. I did think it was visually beautiful with excellent costumes and sets though. I really just wanted to play dress up with the costumes. They were so pretty. SO when I came home I was talking to Arielle and we decided to use Paint to make a collages of fashion inspiration, and I decided mine was going to be all in black and white. I put in pictures of Coco Chanel, Audrey Hepburn, saddle shoes, high-button shoes, '40s bathing suits, Tiffany & Co stuff, and Rita Hayworth. It was pretty poorly made though considering I have no artistic ability.

Now on to today, Sunday, March 14th, PI DAY! The day kicked off with a Pi Day Pie Party at the park across the street from my house with Nicki, Sarah, Ethan, and Etta. The party consisted of us eating pie and throwing it in each other's faces. I had to take a shower to get all the pie off my face and out of my hair. But it was SO worth it. After that I was with Sammy, Sydney, and Ashley again as we all dressed in our nicest black and white clothes before we went to see our friend Michael in Seussical the Musical, the most successful Broadway flop ever.

The fact is, Seussical is not a good show, and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

*24 HOURS LATER*

So anyways after we saw Seussical, Sammy, Sydney, Ashley, Michael, my new friend Alex and I went out to dinner at Islands. I haven't been to Islands for eight years because my sister and I got food poisoning there. But I went back and I'm glad I did because the six of us had quite a lot of fun.

*MORE THEN 24 HOURS AFTER THAT*

I'm done trying to make this make sense. I hope you had fun reading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm in so much of your blog now