Sunday, March 27, 2011

Type A Personality

"The theory describes a Type A individual as ambitious, aggressive, business-like, controlling, highly competitive, impatient, preoccupied with his or her status, time-conscious, and tightly-wounded. People with Type A personalities are often high-achieving 'workaholics' who multi-task, push themselves with deadlines, and hate both delays and ambivalence."

This is the Wikipedia definition of my personality. I have to say it fits quite well. However, lately this affliction has been causing me great frustration. Like usual, things haven't been going exactly my way, and the little Type A voice inside my head has been angry. Recently I have encountered an assortment of external obstacles that have made me so internally crazy... ugh. I'll just name a few, so you know what I mean.
  • I keep losing things. I prefer winning.
  • My grades haven't been up to par, and not even because I don't understand, just because I haven't been doing as well on tests as I usually do.
  • Other people keep being faced with problems I don't know how to solve, and usually I'm good at solving other peoples problems.
  • My entire schedule keeps getting shifted due to changes of plans.
  • I have to make a decision regarding two important events happening at the same time.
  • I got a new cell phone and I miss my old cell phone.
  • There are probably a lot of other things I can't think of right now.

So needless to say I've been irritated. All week I've been in a less than great mood, and I don't know if the impending doom of another school week will do anything to make it better. It's just so irritating to be out of control of my environment. Yes, I am somewhat a control freak. I am extremely OCD. What I could really use right now is more controls and more scheduling. If I was busier and always occupied, I would have less time to think, and then I wouldn't have time to dwell on anything, so I'd probably be in a better mood right now. Oh, well.

Happy birthday to Gloria Swanson, Charles Lang, Quentin Tarantino, Fergie, and Brenda Song. Additionally, I have to send birthday wishes to my second favorite fictional father, James Potter.

Sorry this post was so short, but I really do have English homework to be avoiding.

No comments: