Saturday, January 24, 2009

1/24/09

"Life sucks, and then you die." -Jacob Black.

Never were truer words spoken my friend.

I have finals next week. I am sooooo excited. Wednesday is language arts (my favorite and easiest class) and foreign language, but I don't take foreign language so I am happy! Thursday is math (my hardest class) and P.E. (my least favorite class). Then on Friday I'm taking social studies and science, the two classes in which my teachers gave me humongous packets with the information on the final. My hand is so sore from defining 111 words for science today.

Without the burden of finals on my hands my mother is once more in Israel without me, and she just decided to extend her say for a few more days. I am overjoyed.

Wow I sound emo today. I'm not. I'm just really annoyed at the world. You know, teenage angst.

That reminds me, my friend K.C. let me borrow a book of stories called Love Is Hell and it was SO good! Way better than Prom Nights From Hell. Which I hate to say because that included most of my favorite authors. I mean, out of five stories in that one, maybe three were good. In the new one I loved four of them. Here's my review (with lots of spoilers):

The first story was about a girl who moves and a ghost comes to her in her dreams and yada yada yada. Predictable, but well written.

Then there was a story called "Stupid Perfect World" by Scott Westerfeld. I loved the Uglies series he wrote, so I though I'd like his story. It was pretty good. It takes place in the future and the high schoolers take a course called Scarcity and for a project they have to take on an ailment from the old world, our world, for two weeks. The main characters, Kieran and Maria take on interesting challenges. Kieran decides to take on sleeping, as in he has to sleep everyday like we do. Maria decides to get rid of her hormone balancers and act like a normal teenage girl. It was really funny.

The third story "Thinner Than Water" was my favorite. It was about this girl named Jeannie who lives in an old fashioned town where everyone is all Amish or whatever and creepy. Jeannie's family is even more stuck in the old ways then the rest of the town, so they pulled her out of school when she was fifteen even though she really wants to be a doctor. So now she is 16 and they want to marry her off. So the story starts on this holiday called Lammas Day where all the eligible females sit on top of a hill and all the bachlers climb up the hill and decide which girl they want to court, and if a year from the day they are still together they get married. So Jeannie starts dating this guy named Robbie who everyone in the town hates because they think he's a fairy or a demon or whatever. But she loves him, so a year later they decide they want to get married. So Jeannies mother and father and pretty much everyone else in the town (besides her best friend Fiona's family who are modern) come and take Robbie away and drown him in the river.

So Jeannie gets all pissed and with the help of Fiona and her family they attempt at raising money for her to move to the city and go to school so she can become a doctor. But everytime she has enough something bad happens and she can't leave.

So a year after Robbie died it's Lammas Day again and she starts dating this guy named Charlie to cover up that he's gay (because their town is so old fashioned they'd probably kill him too if anyone found out). So Jeannie and Charlie get married and decide when they raise enough money they'll move to the city together. As friends obviously. They're only pretending to be in love.

But then one day she's down at the river washing clothes when everything pauses except herself and Robbie shows up and is all, "My body sunk into the ground and I'm a fairy now so if you let me kill you, you'll be a fairy too! YAY!" But Jeannie is all, "No way Jose! I don't wanna die! I wanna be a DOCTOR!" And that's it.

The 4th story was called "Fan Fictions" and it was SO messed up. At first I'm like, why do I feel like I'm reading Twilight over again? It was like a carbon copy of Twilight! But there was a MAJOR twist at the end. So major I can't even repeat it. It was majorly major. Major with a British accent major. Like Posh Beckham major.

Anyhoo I though the last story was majorly dumb. It was about seal people or what ever.

And that's it. I've been wasting my finals studying time by reading really bad Fan Fiction with Sars. It's thoroughly entertaining.

Happy birthday to Raaviv (Ricky) Ullman!

I am tired. It's 6:55 and I am tired. I need caffeine...

No comments: