Sunday, February 15, 2009

2/15/09

Happy Valentine's Day (or as my friends and I call it, Single Awareness Day) yesterday and President's Day tomorrow!!! Yay! Don't you love the holidays?

Ok, so, yeah. It's a three day weekend. I don't have much to do. Tomorrow I have a 5 1/2 hour play rehearsal. Not only is it that, but we are having a "costume parade" (I don't even want to know what that is) and I am going to be required to wear a leotard. And a toga. There's no business like show business.

I love play rehearsal though. I don't know how the people that hate rehearsal stand it. I can't spell rehearsal though. I'm probably spelling it wrong and I don't know how to make Blogger spell check.

Wait a sec. Do you guys think a button that has an AB and C across the top with a check under it means anything?

Wow. I clicked on the button and all the times I wrote rehearsal were highlighted. That's funny. I'm going to go find out how you actually spell it.

I just went back and fixed it all! So now they aren't spelled right!!!! I shall never forget how to spell rehearsal again!

Back to what I was saying, rehearsal is great. You know all that junk about how "it's the journey, not the destination"? Well I've never believed that. For example, I hate most forms of exercise, but the benefits are great.

The only time I can honestly say the journey is just as fun as the destination though, is being in a show. I love all the people involved and the process. I become so close with all these people who I never would have met otherwise and I have a blast with them. The night of the show is amazing too, but that's still technically part of the journey. If we were professionals on Broadway and not some amateur kids, the journey wouldn't be over until we found out if the show was a hit. But I don't really know when the journey's over for us. It kind of just.... ends. Sadly. Closing night is always sad. A few of us cried last year. Yes, I was one of the few. I'm emotional ok! GOSH!

Well. I had an eventful and uneventful day. Yesterday I had a nothing day where I lounged around in pajamas and ate Valentine's Day chocolates and watched High School Musical 2. (I watched the 1st one on Friday afternoon). SO today I had to clean up my act. I took a shower and got dressed and went to Barnes and Nobles and had Mexican food with my mom and my sister at the Promenade. Then I came home and went back to the Promenade with my friend Julia and ate Chinese food and then saw a movie.

Here's the thing about suburbia. We don't have many places to hang out. I normally would not tell you I spend all my time at the Promenade. But seriously, everywhere I go there is a Promenade. People need to think of more origanal names for their shopping centers.

So, I live in a cluster of cities in suburban SoCal. My city is the smallest. And basically, we have nothing. Because none of our citizens want anything. They just want their ponies to remain undisturbed. But I won't bore you with my cities politics. So basically, our closest neighboring city has the Promenade, which mainly consists of Barnes and Nobles and a movie theatre, two places where I spend a lot of time. It's where basically every teenager in town spends their time though. Especially on weekends.

So tonight my friend Julia and I saw He's Just Not That Into You. I didn't like it. At all. It was the kind of thing that would work really well in a book (what it was based on) but didn't transfer well to screen. It's hard to explain, you have to see it to get it. Which sucks, because I read a quote the other day that said, "Good writing is when you don't have to say 'I guess you'd have to have been there.'" So I guess I'm not as good a writer as I thought. Way to burst my bubble you guys.

Well after the suckish movie was over I was taking Julia home, when we drove by two girls. This normally would not be unusual. But the two girls where wearing those head flashlight things. They were also sitting on lawn chairs. Their lawn chairs were on top of skateboard that were rolling down hills. Now that is an unusual sight.

We rolled down the window and asked them what they were doing and they said they were skateboarding with lawn chairs down a hill. They asked if we wanted to try but we politley declined the offer. Maybe I'll take my brothers Spongebob Squarepants skateboard one day and try it.

Happy birthday to Jane Seymour. Awesome....

That's it. Bu bye!


P.S. To appease Snickers if any of you have any questions, you can just ask! I don't want to turn this into a full blown advice column, but apparantley I'm good with advice. So if you ask a question or something, I'll answer, but this isn't going to turn into some stupid Ask Aunt Stephanie thing. You happy now Snickers?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

THIS WAS THE BEST BLOG ENTRY EVER.
About the play thing, I personally like the final night the best. It's what gives me the illusion that the journey was fun. But I've grown to realize that it's not worth it... (for me). That's great that you cherish the journey! Good for you!
I laughed out loud at the skateboard thing. Lawn chairs. hahaha. Dr. House would be proud. I enjoyed reading this blog. I do, however, like how the Promenade is the main hang-out center place in our small city. I love it there!

Snickers said...

Ask AUNT STEPHANIE!!!!! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!!!

Snickers said...

No one No one No one!!!! OOOHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHh Oh oh oh oh oh oh oih!!!! HILL?

Snickers said...

*evil laugh*

Snickers said...

Don't you love how I never do less than two reviews for some reason?

Snickers said...

BTW, SOMEONE SHOULD PUBLISH THIS BLOG!!! *cough cough*

Snickers said...

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................