Saturday, February 28, 2009

2/28/09

OK, I haven't updated in about two weeks. I'm a meanie head. I haven't updated much recently, because nothing really that exciting has happened. I mean, I got sick and slept a lot and then went to Starbucks and got math advice from a guy in a Harley Davidson jacket. But no one wants to hear about that.



But no fear! I am quickly approaching my second busiest point of the year. The "m" months are the two over all busiest points. March and May. They both have the most performing arts related shticks, for me at least, a lot of homework, and a ton of birthdays! I guess the holidays are pretty busy too, but in a more exciting and less stressful way. Well, they're stressful in their own way but, well you get the point!



The major business is basically March 9th to March 17th-ish. March 11th is opening night of The Music Man production I'm in, and so March 9th and March 10th I will have longer rehearsals then usual. Then March 11th through the 13th are the performances, and on the 13th is the cast party that could go really late at night. March 14th Snickers and I have to drive into L.A. to compete in History Day. I'm overjoyed.



March 15th and 16th I get to "relax" but March 17th is the spring choir concert/art show (with the tacky theme of friendship. BLEH. My idea was Around the World. And I am co-president, so shouldn't I get the co-final say?) This concert includes my sister, Abby, and I singing a duet. W00t w00t. And I think I might have to through away my 20's-esque black heels because the strap broke and I'll have to wear flats to the concert and be short. Because we have to wear black shoes and my character shoes are out of the questions. Do you think I could get away with my black rain boots with white polka dots?



So even though it's bound to be really hectic, it will be tons of fun. And it's just dawned on me that I should be glad that I'm sick now, because if I got sick in a week or so I would be dying. Seriously. I'd need all my energy and my voice to be okay. And I'm recovering.



But I'm really behind on my science project which is due Tuesday and I have to finish tomorrow because I have rehearsals on Monday! BLECH! Did I mention all my teachers decided next week would be a great time to give me tests and I could have this past week off? THEY ALL DECIDED THIS! I think once a week all the teachers should have a conference where they split up the days where they can assign projects due and have tests on. Because once in the 6th grade I had four projects due on the same day (day after spring break) and the day before I wasn't done with any of them (because I'm a procrastinator. People say I should work on that. I also know for a fact that four to six of my friends hate working with me on projects because of this. And I complain a lot) so I got a major migraine, threw up, and then took seven Tylenol. I don't remember how late I stayed up that night. But I'm pretty sure I got A's on three out of four of those projects. The other one I got a C on. FOR NO REASON! Seriously. I do not know what was wrong with that project. I know it wasn't insane and grandiose like some of the other projects but I didn't do anything wrong.



So I'm avoiding my science project. Old habits die hard. But at least I'm getting my creative juices flowing.



Speaking of: Did I tell you that my six page story based on the "every kiss begins with Kay" commercial got sent to the school literary magazine by my language arts teacher and now all my friends that are on the staff of the magazine have read the story???????? Wait-did I even tell you I wrote that story? Let's back track a second.



In language arts we read Flowers for Algernon and we made inkblots like they did in the book. We had to write a story based on what we saw in our inkblots. I saw a bench in my inkblot. That was the best I could come up with. And I couldn't think of any story! My teacher said it could be at the least a paragraph; I could easily do that. But no! The "every kiss begins with Kay" commercial had to come on. Well I think it was Kay. It could have been Zales. But it wasn't Jareds. I hate those commericals. So anyways it was the commericial where he proposes to the girl on a park bench. So I kind of used that idea......... and wrote a 6 1/2 page historical piece set in the 1930's and 40's. And it was really corny. And tacky. So of course my teacher loved it. I knew she would when I wrote it. I got an 100% on it.



But she sent it to the Lit. magazine! I was flattered at first, but when my neighbor told me he'd read it, I realized the callaber of diasaster (LOL Music Man refrence, couldn't help it) brought on by this. I hope it doesn't get in. I wish they had put in my Snow White story from last year. It was from Dopey's point of view. I loved it. I got a 95% on that one. And apparently, everyone loved it and wanted it to get in but my teacher said it was fan fiction and couldn't.



Fan fiction. Psh.



Wow. This is long. Shoot. This is a time consumer. Wait! Birthdays:



Happy birthday to Tommy Tune (the Michael Jordan of Broadway, tee hee) and Bernadette Peters (who looks 20 years, or at least 10, younger then she is)!

2 comments:

ducksrule71821 said...

it didnt, don't worry

Anonymous said...

i love reading this!!