Sunday, July 10, 2011

Abandonment

I feel really bad about my tendency towards abandonment when it comes to this blog. I don't know why, but my motivation to continuously update is kind of on the low side, especially considering my lack of followers. However, in recent weeks I can say a contributing factor is the total consumption of my mind by one topic- Harry Potter. I don't want to get all sentimental and make myself cry for the millionth time, but I wrote this little paragraph for a contest, and my friend said it was beautiful, so I'll share it here. Until after the film, these are my feelings about being a part of the Harry Potter universe:

Harry Potter means being accepted into a community that is bigger than anything I have ever been apart of. Through the stories and adventures we have all shared with Harry, Hermione, Ron, and all the other characters who have touched our hearts millions of people from dozens of countries are connected. I have learned valuable lessons that aren't taught in school- Harry taught me to be brave even when it seems like all odds are against me, Ron showed me that loyalty, friendship, and family are more valuable than galleons, and Hermione made it clear that books and cleverness, although exceedingly useful, are all the more important when paired with friendship and bravery. Jo created a world that brought her out of a dark depression, but unknowingly she created a safe haven that would welcome millions of wanderers home. I am eternally grateful to Jo and to everyone who has made the Harry Potter series possible. The seven books are something like the seven horcruxes- the each encompass a small part of my soul.

So, yeah. That's a brief summary of how I feel right now.

Happy birthday to John Calvin, Jerry Herman, Fiona Shaw, Sofia Vergara, Adrian Grenier, and Jessica Simpson.

I'll try to blog more often, who ever's reading this. I have things to say.

No comments: