Thursday, September 1, 2011

Thursday is Now Blogging Day

Happy first day of Hogwarts! Unfortunately, it is my seventh day of junior year. And in case you are unaware of what makes junior different than the rest of high school, let me fill you in.

It is basically the most stressful year it is possible to experience before you become a real grown-up. I know that it is really stressful in different ways for everyone, but super quickly I will fill you in on why it will be particularly stressful for me.

I am taking seven courses after school. Five of those are academic, three of those academic courses are AP or IB, and my other two courses are advanced performing arts classes. Starting next week it's back to Hebrew High after school twice a week and a week from Sunday is the volunteer orientation for the organization I volunteer for. I'm also the treasurer of my school's drama club, which means I'm basically required to be as involved in theatre as possible. I know for a fact I am going to be in at least two (out of a possible five) shows this school year in addition to playing on my school's improv team.

And then there's homework. And eating. And sleeping. And maybe having a social life. And learning how to drive.

I'm not looking for sympathy from you lovely readers, but I think it's important that you guys know that I'm not going to be popping in for random blogs. I am designating Thursday as blogging day because today is Thursday and I am blogging, so it might as well become a regular thing. I always feel guilty when I don't blog often, even though I know that absolutely no one is reading this.

So.... what to talk about now? I mean, I can tell you all of the embarrassing things that have happened to me thus far this year, but that's no fun for me. I could talk about my teachers, but that's probably a bad idea in the long run.

OH DISCUSSION IDEA. It's been suggested to me by a variety of people in a variety of situations that I should try my hand at vlogging. I actually have an idea for a pretty funny vlog, I'm just really bad at the actual video making process. So, should I try it? If anyone bothers to comment on this, I promise I'll consider it.

Happy birthday to Engelbert Humperdinck (who wins at life simply because of his name), Engelbert Zaschka (who comes in second), Lily Tomlin, Gloria Estefan, Joseph Williams, Shoshana Bean, and a very special happy birthday to my friend Alexandra, who I hope is having a wonderful time in New York. I hope my jealousy isn't too thinly veiled.

Okay guys, see you next Thursday. I have to go attempt at being productive.