Monday, April 25, 2011

The Bad News Is, I Have a Problem

But the good news is, I have a solution.

For a very long time, the website known as SparkNotes has been helping high school students around the galaxy not fail at English. Wait, first you need to know that I do not endorse the practice known as 'not reading the book.' ALWAYS READ THE BOOK. But one time in freshman year, we read this really, really horrendous book, and with the help of SparkNotes I still got an A on the test. SparkNotes is incredibly useful when it comes to review and things like that, and they also have this wonderful place called the SparkLife Blog.

In this blog, things are written about. I really don't know how to explain this, it's just a blog. People blog about books, music, movies, life, advice, etc. Really what ever they want. SparkNotes has resident staffers who are paid to write things, but "Sparklers" are allowed to become contributors who write about... pretty much whatever they want. And this is something I really would like to do. I've kind of always wanted to, but I never really have important things to say. However, the fact that I have a constant need to write in this blog should alert you all to the fact that, at least subconsciously, I have something to say.

(that was the problem, in case you didn't discern that much already)

SO, I found the Sparkitors (editors) email address! And by found, I mean I noticed that there is a link on the side of the dashboard that says "Email the Editors." Powers of observation, yeah!

Which leads me to the solution to the problem. Tonight, after I finish and perfect my term paper on biblical allegory in Lord of the Flies, I am going to email the Spark Notes editors and inquire about how to start writing for them. And, if all goes as planned, I will have some great idea and the Sparkitors will go, "OH EM GEE, you should write that down and send it to us. Yeah!" And then I will be a published writer. Well, that's not true, technically I already am a published writer. Not only do I have this blog, in addition to other online written forums, but I've also been published in a magazine before. It's kind of embarrassing, so let's not get into that.

Happy birthday to Oliver Cromwell (BAM more AP Euro relevant birthdays), Ella Fitzgerald, Meadowlark Lemon (this is another example of a person who has an awesome name but has an existence I was unaware of), Al Pacino, Bjorn Ulvaeus, Ron Clements, and Renee Zellweger.

AGH I'm so freakin' hungry.

No comments: