Saturday, April 30, 2011

Love According to Me and the Kids I Babysit

Yesterday was Friday, and as any normal teenager does, I spent the afternoon watching a documentary on Joseph Stalin and babysitting for three hours. The documentary was fun, but let's talk about babysitting.

I really love babysitting. I believe I've mentioned before that I was born with this thing, and it's called a maternal instinct. And this thing causes me to spend my time willingly (for pay) teaching kids how to do flips on the monkey bars and playing airplane on a trampoline while belting "Poker Face" at the top of my lungs. Emma and Sophia (the two girls I was babysitting yesterday) love Lady Gaga. When we took a break from being slightly crazy and from me explaining over and over again what I would do if Emma broke her leg, we sat inside around a bag of Baked Lays. Their dog Angel was following me around, and this conversation ensued.
Emma: Why does Angel follow you around? Is it because she loves you?
Stephanie: Yes, I think so.
E: Why?
S: Because when you love someone you want to be with them all the time.
E: All the time? Not all the time.
S: You're right. Just most of the time.

These kinds of conversations are what make kids so special. They don't have to analyze anything, they see a dog following around a fifteen-year-old girl and it turns into a conversation about love. I wish everyone could be that simple and unashamed about their thoughts. Emma asks a lot of questions (and by a lot, I really do mean A LOT), and even though it can be annoying as hell pretty much all the time, if more people really did explore their curiosities, don't you think they would be some what more happy? I just wrote more happier and had to delete it. My brain is on vacation. Sorry. Anyway, if adults were as active in their pursuit of knowledge as kids are, maybe we would have a smarter and more satisfied population. I don't know, just speculating.

Happy birthday Cloris Leachman, Willie Nelson, Johnny Galecki, Kirsten Dunst, and Dianna Agron.

Sorry this post was so quick and only mildly intellectual. I'm slightly frazzled.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

urrzzz dahhh bessttttesttt <3 <# <3

Unknown said...

UR SO GOODD!!!! URRR JESUSSSS GURLL!!!! <3 <# <$ <4

Unknown said...

i <3 urrr bloggzzz <$# <factorialzzz <#