Thursday, April 14, 2011

THIS IS MY JAM

One of my favorite feelings in the entire world is when you're listening to music, possibly in a public location, and a certain song comes one. This song just invades you and reaches your inner dancing freak, your head start to nod, your feet start to move, and you hear yourself saying, "This. Is. My. Jam."

I actually have quite a few jams, partially due to my random and eclectic taste in music. However, my four main jams have gotten me through so much. Besides the ability to bring out that crazy dancer side of me (See: Standing in the Corner, Sipping my V8), these songs can get me through anything. When I'm in a bad mood or stressed out, I just go to the YouTube, listen to one of these songs, and let it all out until I feel better. I will now brief you on my jams:

1. "F*** You" by Cee Lo Green: I know what you're all thinking. 'So overplayed! Totally mainstream! We thought you were indie!' Well, newsflash guys: I'm not. I kind of just do whatever I think is fun. And this song is amazing. It's just SO catchy and it doesn't sound like it's from 2010. It has an older feel, and I heard from someone it's a remake, but I don't think that's true. I just like the song, ok!

2. "Single Ladies" by Beyonce: I'm just digging my mainstream hole deeper and deeper aren't I? Anyway, Beyonce is phenomenal. I think that when I'm all old and decrepit and I befriend some youngin' who think they're really cool by listening to music that was cool a million years ago, they will be listening to Lady Gaga and Beyonce. And this song in particular is practically and anthem for all us 'single ladies' out there (ding ding ding, we have a winner for the most cliché sentence I have ever written). Even though Beyonce's married, I appreciate the sentiment.

3. "You're Making My Dreams Come True" by Hall and Oates: I will admit that I am not a true Hall and Oates fan and I just know this song from (500) Days of Summer. But that doesn't make it less of an amazing song. I'm realizing know how hard it is to describe the music I like... it's just bouncy and carefree and awesome and I love it. That's all I have to say on the subject.

AND NOW, FOR THE ULTIMATE JAM
4. "Wannabe" by The Spice Girls: Do I even have to explain? This girl power jam of the '90s is enough to make every teenage girl in a five mile radius start jumping and reciting all the lyrics. And they're British, which makes everything better.

I just needed to get that out of my system. I'm under a lot of stress right now.

Happy birthday to Anthony Michael Hall, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Graham Phillips, and Abigail Breslin.

Funny, just yesterday I was listening to 13: The Musical for the first time in AGES. In case you didn't know, that show starred Graham Phillips, who I kind of love. Just a little bit.


No comments: