Tuesday, August 5, 2008

8/5/08

Well, I'm upset. I've just had my fear verified. People really do hate my dreams!

See, I like to know a lot of stuff, you know, have something to say in a conversation, so I like reading things and gaining information and stuff. Ok, that made no sense, so I'll cut to the chase. I was reading something about Stephenie Meyer and how Twilight was inspired by a dream. And she goes, "And I didn't wanna call up somebody and be, like, 'Oh, let me tell you about this dream.' Everybody hates that."

And I'm just all, "Oh shitake mushrooms." Because like I've said before, I'm the person that always does that! But I have really good dreams! Like last night, I had a REALLY good one where I was basically the female version of Harry Potter and I got to fight Voldemort with Ron and Hermione and everything, but there was a twist! After the end of the 7th book (not saying what happens because I know some of you aren't there yet) I went to sleep and woke up and I was 11 again and had to start all over! It was sooooooooo weird. And Voldemort was really, really, scary!

Oops, I'm sorry! I don't want to annoy you, really! I just find my dreams very funny and entertaining, so I thought other people would too. I'm REALLY sorry.

But I;m starting to think that article was unrealible. I mean, it was from CBS but they spelled Eclipse wrong! They wrote Elipse. How stupid is that? And in the article, Stephenie Meyer said 'you know' a lot the way I do, and now I know that that's annoying too! Why don't people tell me these thing!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Anyhoo, enough of my wrath. Now I will right about an observation I made while I was watching the Teen Choice Awards last night. I was listening to their thank you speeches. Most of them thanked all the appropriate people like their parents and siblings and the people that worked on their show/movie/song/etc. And of course Miley Cyrus thanked Jesus. Usually more people thank him. But what ever, just an observation. And I'm thinking, if by some weird twist of fate I got to accept an award up there, who would I thank? Obviously, my parents, siblings, friends, extended family, who ever helped my pull off what ever I'm winning for (cast and crew, etc.), but I also thoguht of some other people I would thank. The people that have kept me from going insane from boredom. The people that have constantly entertained me to no end. These people have made me laugh, cry, think, and stare in shock at the things they've written. Yes, you've got me, authors! All my favorite authors! Without them, I'd be some stupid kid who spent all their time on the t.v. or computer! I mean, I do spend a lot of time in front of the t.v. or computer, but this summer, I've already read 8 or 9 books, not including books I'v reread do to lack of interesting things to do. This thought also got me to thinking:
This award show is honoring movies, television, sports, fashion, music, and they even had a MySpace page award thing. WHERE ARE THE BOOKS?!?!?!?!?
I know, I'm a geek, but I'm guessing a good percentage of people that watch that show have read a book. Well, maybe not, but even the Kid's Choice Awards on Nickelodeon have a book award! I mean, Harry Potter always wins, but who cares? At least it shows that kids actually read. But apparantly teens don't. That just frustrates me.

Well, I have not much else to say. Except read a book! I just finished this book called Ever. It pretty good in my opinion. It was by Gail Carson Levine, and I've read a lot of most of her books, so I knew I liked her style. She's very fantasy. Little girlish. It's fun to read, cutesy. But Ever was creepishly similar to Twilight. And it was the first book I read after Breaking Dawn so I kind of flipped. I mean, and immortal boy and a mortal girl fall in love and they have to find a way to make Kezi (the girl) live forever. Because she's gonna die in 30 days. Tee hee. OK, just read it.

Enoguh about me then, go on with your lives! BYE!

No comments: